Pages

We are home with Amos, Daisy, Lee and Violet! Meanwhile we have jumped in again for one last very special girl. If you would like to help with that, you can make a non-tax-deductible donation HERE that we can access immediately. You can also make a tax-deductible donation HERE that we can use once we receive travel dates. Or by donating HERE you can help provide her and other children at her orphanage the care and nutrition they desperately need. See all of our current fundraisers HERE. We are thankful for any support you can offer!

Friday, April 29, 2016

Yes, You Can Do It.

"I could never do that. God bless you!"

Those well intentioned words, so frequently heard by adoptive parents. The truth is, you CAN do it. You can.

I am not a saint. I am a sorta crazy mom who loves her kids to pieces. I know tons of moms just like that. That's not unusual. I'm a mom. I love my kids. That's what moms are supposed to do. Some of my kids just happened to be born on the other side of the world.

Are you already a mom? A dad? Or not yet but you want to be? YOU can do this too.

It's really not that tough. I set another plate at the table. I do more laundry. (But yet never seem to get it folded. Again, I am not a saint.) I kiss another boo-boo. I sing another bedtime song. We go to another appointment. Can't do a dozen kids? That's cool. How about one? Do you have room for one more?

Your life might get a little crazier. If you already have kids, it's probably crazy already. Embrace it. A little extra crazy is a small price to pay for a child to live outside of an institution.

Okay, truth. Sometimes it is heartbreakingly hard, but that is being a mom. Every mom has had her heart broken for the kids she loves. That's because we love our kids. It's still worth it. You can still do it.

Mother's Day is coming up. I want all these kids to have a mom of their own before Mother's Day next year. These are only a few of the waiting children listed on Reece's Rainbow. Do you have room for one of them in your home, your family, your heart? Go HERE to ask for more information on any of these kids or adoption programs! You can do it!


This tiny boy is only a baby, born this year. UPDATE: 7/11/16: A family has committed to adopt Domenic!

Kids with spina bifida are often of typical intelligence, but are still sent to institutions because of their physical limitations. Kiara can recite poems! UPDATE 9/30/16: A family has committed to adopt Kiara!

LOOK  CLOSELY at how small his legs are. He is 14. He is eligible for a $10,000 grant. UPDATE: 4/19/17: Jayce has a committed family!


She is adorable and I don't know why she is still waiting! UPDATE 7/5/16: Penny is now being cared for by a family in her own country!

He is so cute! This country is open to adoption by single moms! Their process is also very stable and predictable.


No comments:

Post a Comment